A scrumptious and mouthwatering Goan fish curry is one of Cheryllyne’s absolute favorite dishes.
• 2 lbs fish*
• 1 tbsp tamarind paste
• 2 tsp coriander seeds
• 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
• 7 cloves garlic
• 2 pinches salt
• 1 1/2 tbsp refined oil
• 1 large chopped onion
• 5 dry red chili
• 1-2 cans coconut milk**
• 1 large tomato, diced
• 1 large chunk of ginger, grated
• 1 sliced & slit green chilli
• 1/2 tsp powdered turmeric
**Brands like Aroy-D or Thai Kitchen (Original, not lite) are the best!
LET’S START COOKING!
1. Slice the fish into pieces. Once done, marinate the pieces using salt and turmeric powder. Keep aside for a while.
2. Prepare the masala for the curry. In a food processor or blender, add all the spices, coconut milk, along with the chopped onion, tomato, ginger, and green chillies with little water and make a paste.
3. Heat the oil in a skillet over medium flame. Add the prepared masala paste to the heated oil and cook for a few minutes. Keep stirring the mixture.
4. Add marinated fish to the pan and let the fish soak in all the masala. Let it get cooked for a few minutes. Once done, add salt as per your taste.
5. Cook the fish till it’s done over low flame. Once done, transfer it to a serving platter
Garnish with fresh coriander leaves, and serve hot with rice. Naan, roti, paratha, puris, or any other Indian bread is delicious too.