Exceptional Ericsson Home!
Welcome to 4445 30th Ave S in the Ericsson neighborhood of South Minneapolis. This adorable bungalow with detailed window shutters and a butterfly rain garden in front is oh, so lovely.
Enter into the brightly lit living room, which has a stunning wood burning fireplace and an oversized window. High ceilings, trim, and styled archways make this home a modern delight.
The dining room has the bring-the-outdoors-indoors vibe thanks to the sliding doors. Notice the light! Tiled floors in the dining and kitchen area tie up the rooms beautifully. The kitchen cabinets are typical of the 1940’s architectural style. Stunning wood trim accents add even more character.
Main floor has two bedrooms and a full bath. Upstairs is a sweet suite of a master bedroom complete with the ultimate sitting or reading room, and a tiny nook to write or work on the landing. The master bedroom is so cozy. Prepare to be wowed by the fully remodeled bathroom!
Downstairs, the partially finished lower level family room is fantastic lounge area for playing board games, watching shows, entertaining friends and more! The unfinished space has so much hidden equity potential. Large laundry room, with plenty of storage for all the seasonal decor, lawn games, and more!
Speaking of lawn games, the fully fenced backyard is perfect for cookouts, hangouts, vegetable gardens, and all the hammock laying out that you could want. And a one-car garage to tie it all together.
Whether modern or quaint, formal or cozy is your vibe, this beauty has it all.
What do the owners have to say about the neighborhood? Well let’s hear it directly from them:“I love Bull’s Horn (best burger!) for the neighborhood atmosphere, Sea Salt for the excellent food and location at the Falls, Sandcastle for beachside eating, Sassy Spoon for the egg roll salad, and the Howe and Parkway Pizza for the variety of options for all types of eaters (meaty, vegetarian, vegan, GF).
Carousel and Folk, Southside Vintage and Groovy’s are all walkable and creatively curated vintage shops. Tare Market is a fully sustainable store in the neighborhood too.
Some of the best features of the neighborhood are the proximity and walkability to the neighborhood schools (elementary and high school), several parks with pools, biking and walking paths, Minnehaha Falls, Minnehaha Creek (tubing and kayaking), Lake Nokomis and Lake Hiawatha (best sunset in the city). Hiawatha Golf Course grooms cross country skiing trails in the winter too!It’s also a very dog friendly neighborhood with many surrounding restaurant and brewery patios hosting dogs.
Who do you know who wants to call this adorable home their own?!
• 2020 – Framed-in basement office, added carpet and painted
• 2019 – Replaced shutters and storm windows on front windows
• 2019 – Repainted 2nd story façade and fascia
• 2019 – Added built-in shelving to main floor bedrooms
• 2018 – Installed patio door, added back deck + stairs and cement patio
• 2018 – Remodeled main floor bathroom: new tub, sink, vanity, and toilet; updated tile floor and tub surround; repainted; added shelving and lighting
• 2017 – Replaced gutters, windows in main floor bathroom and main floor bedrooms, and aluminum wraps
• 2017 – Updated kitchen with new paint + shelving
• 2016 – Replaced front door and storm door
• 2015 – Planted shade tree and Tamarack pine in front yard, upgraded landscaping to include pollinator and butterfly garden
• 2014 – Replaced front steps with wooden steps
•2014 – Replaced whole roof
• 2011 – Added master bedroom: built-in closets, new flooring, added insulation, replaced windows, and added new electric
• 2011 – Added master bathroom: tile floors, tile shower, heated bathroom floor, and bathroom fan
• 2009 – Repainted whole house
• 2009 – Tiled floors in kitchen, dining room, hallway, and entry
• 2009 – Replaced HVAC and upgraded power to 100 amp service, replaced power box
sq. ft.: 1,727
year built: 1948
taxes: $4,126 (2020)