Whether you’re new to Minnesota or have been in this great state your whole life, sometimes your next vacation doesn’t need to take you more than a few hours away from home! And, now that school is starting, a vacation close to the nest may be just the relaxing getaway you and your family needs.
We’ve made it a priority to show our children the beauty of our home state (and, okay, Wisconsin too….), and below are some of our favorite vacation spots – all four hours away or less from Minneapolis!
1. Duluth | MN
2. Two Harbors | MN
3. Wisconsin Dells | WI
4. Red Wing | MN
5. Bemidji | MN
6. Taylors Falls | MN
7. Afton State Park | Hastings, MN
8. Jeffers Petroglyphs | Comfrey, MN
9. Madden’s Resort | Brainerd, MN
10. North Shore | MN
11. Nyberg Park | Vining, MN
12. Soudan Underground Mine State Park | Soudan, MN
13. Lutsen Mountains | Lutsen, MN
14. Voyageurs National Park | Kabetogama, MN
15. Whitewater State Park | Altura, MN
16. Great River Bluffs State Park | Winona, MN
17. Jay Cooke State Park | Carlton, MN
18. Split Rock Lighthouse State Park | Two Harbors, MN
19. Tettegouche State Park | Silver Bay, MN
20. Banning State Park | Sandstone, MN
21. Itasca State Park | Park Rapids, MN
22. Minneopa State Park | Mankato, MN
23. Blue Mounds State Park | Luverne, MN
You love your home, now explore your home state! There is no shortage of beautiful sites to see right here in Minnesota.
Need some suggestions? Reach out to us; we’ve hit the road with the fam and checked out some amazing Minnesota parks, towns and attractions and would love to share our experiences with you.